We are looking for people with digital skills and experience to volunteer with us and help us with our bold ambitions for digital!
As part of our Digital Advisory Group you’ll help us grow our digital reach, build meaningful connections with new audiences and improve our capacity for digital fundraising, ultimately enabling us to grow as an organisation and work with more people living in poverty in parts of Africa.
We’re looking for someone with:
- Skills and experience in two or more of the following: social media, digital marketing, online campaigns, influencer marketing, livestreaming, analytics, SEO, website design, trend forecasting, video editing, graphic design or branding
- Willingness to support and advise on fundraising initiatives
- Commitment to our values and approach
- Enthusiasm for what we do!
Read more in our Terms of Reference:
What you can expect in return:
You will be helping Action on Poverty to expand our audience and generate crucial funding that will ultimately enable us to grow our work with people living in debilitating poverty. The long-term impact of this will be improving lives and livelihoods for people in Sierra Leone, Uganda, Tanzania and Kenya. This is a unique way to have a profound and meaningful impact through a voluntary role using your digital skills and time.
You will also
- Learn about international development from inside a small NGO
- Network professionally with peers with similar interests and skills
- Connect with stories from people in Sub Saharan Africa who are transforming their lives and achieving incredible feats through our programmes
- Gain valuable leadership and teamwork experience
- Develop skills and knowledge in digital marketing, social media
The group will meet via Zoom every 6 weeks, and must be able to dedicate approx. 4 hours per month to the Digital Advisory group and its objectives.
Please send your CV and a one page supporting letter including why you would like to volunteer with Action on Poverty and what experience and knowledge you will bring to the Digital Advisory Group to Megan Andrews, Fundraising and Communications Manager, at email@example.com.